Wednesday, February 3, 2016

A New Way To Rip Us Off!

A new wrinkle is emerging after the "changed rules"! From what I've read, it seems that for those of us who invested before the change, we will not be getting the full amount as promised upon maturity. It was difficult if not impossible to get it before, but now we will get even less? See comments from Bennetta on A Vunerable Time & Proposed Plan Change from Heritage.

Money matters are emotional in general, add in our kids futures and Heritage... well, panic sets in! This is no joke.

I have said in previous posts, that we plan to stay until the end (another 7 years to go) because we've invested so much money, and will hope for the best when we need to cash out, despite our past experiences. To learn now that there is no chance to get 100% and that a portion of our investment will be added to the Scholarship Pool is infuriating.

We should be at the 7 yr mark to pull our money out early (see more comments here). I have been putting off  making the call because I know it will be a fight; we lose a lot of money and most likely create an unsettle in our household. Life is stressful enough without the drama these crooks create. Ugh. I guess the time has come to find out where we stand. I will certainly keep you posted.

Have you cashed out early? When and what happened? Do tell... we all need your input!

Also... if you are a rep of Heritage past or present. You can post anonymously... any tips are more than welcome on how to manage this step.

Thank you! 

7 comments:

  1. I'm planning to withdraw my money in heritage this month Coz I found out that I can only get 294CAD from my 750 contribution.
    I just started last yr. and I'm glad that we didn't invested too much money.

    Heritage is a 'legal' way to scam people.
    Never again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just lost about $5,000 in fees and penalties to hermitage. I enrolled my daughter 8 years ago, contributing $170 monthly. I decided to switch to RBC after reading comments of parents who endured and waited for their investments to mature but were disappointed with what they got from these con artists called hermitage. To let you know the degree of their scam, herritage did not return a sum of over $1400 which is the earnings they made on my contributions over the period of 8 years. They returned the earnings made on government grants but held on to the earnings they made on the money I painstakingly contributed. How fair is thit? Heritage knows it is illegal to withhold earnings from government grants but they are not afraid to steal my personal contributions for my daughter's education. I am willing to join other parents who are in a similar predicament to jointly take a legal action against heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of Heritage but if you withdraw your money before maturity...you lose the interest. They tell you that from day numero uno. What I am is a customer who signed up when interest rates were 17% and now that interest rates are .25%, the fund is finally out performing the banks. The statements they give you estimate your plan at maturity at 3, 4, and 5 percent but it rarely, if ever comes close to that. My matured plan averaged out to 2.9% a year so it was ok. I still have one to go. The part that worried me was that the lady at their call center in Bhopal India said: "We have never had a plan taken to maturity before so we are trying to learn as we go" So according to her, I am the only person Heritage has ever actually paid out to. Pretty sad really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is anything going on with Heritage. TI did not withdraw funds early. I chose the scholarship option 3 for my son. Had contributed about $30K plus. They gave me back 29K as principal minus "fees" and only partial CESG of $5k so far. My son started school Sept 2014 at a four year program. This is his last year and all their statements with hypothetical numbers lead us to believe that we would get 85K saved up. We did not even get the principal back. They have kept the sales commission plus some other bogus administration fees. If you are getting a class action suit started, I would like to be part of that. Please post a comment and I will check. Currently I wish to remain anonymous until I find out if you are pursuing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We moved to edmonton and I wanna sue these scammers too! I had 50k initially saved up and now they're bullshitting and are only offering 20k like wtf

      Delete
  5. I just started saving for my daughter education till now in year contributed around 2700 $ and now after sales charge deduction only have $ 600 left . Now i am little worried any suggestions .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scammers have ruined the forex trading market and this company is one of them. They have deceived many people with their fake promises on high returns. I learnt my lesson the hard way. I only pity people who still consider investing with them. Please try and make your researches, you will definitely come across better and reliable forex trading agencies that would help you yield profit and not ripping off your money. Also, if your money has been ripped-off by these scammers, you can report to a regulated crypto investigative unit who make use of software to get money back (fightingscams at aol dot com). He is a recovery expert and a very professional one at that.

    ReplyDelete